Thursday, April 26, 2018

Trader Joe's Seed & Bean Medley



This absolutely lives up to its claim of being crunchy and salty. In fact, if the crunchiness and saltiness here are not enough for you, I don't think you have anywhere left to turn short of going down into a rock-salt mine and gnawing on the walls.

The corn is huge, just like the Giant Peruvian Inca Corn. I also loved the chickpeas and fava beans. The edamame was OK. I thought the dried peas were an inspired addition, but there were very, very few of them to be found, sadly.

The biggest weakness is the pumpkin seeds. Subjectively, I just don't care much for them. Objectively, they're vastly overrepresented here--like nearly half of the volume.


Will I buy it again? 

Undecided. If it weren't for those darn pumpkin seeds, it would be a definite yes. I'll have to ponder whether the good half of the bag is worth putting up with--or wasting--the half I didn't like.

2 comments:

  1. I looooove this stuff!! Definitely try another bag because sometimes i get a lot of pumpkin seeds and sometimes not that many and more corn or peas. Love this on my daily lunch salad, and it perks up otherwise boring steamed veggies or simple soups that need more excitement. Bonus points for the great nutritional stats
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too. Perfect when I want a salty fix.

    ReplyDelete