Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Trader Joe's Gelato--Caramel Cookie Crunch


This is a new product line at Trader Joe's. So far there are just two flavors available, this one and pistachio. I would guess that more are coming.

The texture is first-rate, extremely smooth and creamy. I liked both the caramel and the cookie flavors, though I didn't think they worked particularly well together. Not a clash, exactly, but also not a successful, harmonious pairing.

As I was eating it, I kept thinking that this texture would work much better with a single flavor, especially a fruit like strawberry or raspberry. I hope those are coming, because they should be fabulous.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

2 comments:

  1. also, there is absolutely zero crunch in this! i wanted crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i hope you’re right and they do a fruity one like the mango Talenti gelato which is fantastic (and dairy free)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete