Thursday, October 4, 2018

Trader Joe's Organic Seeded Bread



Seeds on the inside. Seeds on the outside. Seeds left on the counter. Seeds left in the toaster. Seeds left on the butter knife. Seeds left on your plate.

So.

Many.

Seeds.

Which leaves me torn, because this is one of the tastiest grocery-store loaves of bread I've ever bought. Really--it's delicious. But did I mention the seeds? It's only a slight exaggeration to say that it's a loaf of seeds, loosely held together by wisps of bread. Fortunately, none of them are hard kernels that challenge the integrity of one's teeth. But still--so many seeds. 


Will I buy it again? 

Yes, probably. If they would at least stop dusting the outside of the loaf with more seeds, so that the bread didn't leave a seedy mess on everything it touches, my answer would change to an enthusiastic yes, and likely even a dual Staples and Top Ten listing, even though the seeds baked in would still make it the seediest bread ever to win my loyalty. As it stands, though, I really hate how the seeds flake off everywhere. It's otherwise so outstanding as a sandwich bread that I'll probably put up with it at least once in a while to get that lovely flavor. 

6 comments:

  1. This is so funny! Literally what was going through my head as i was looking at this.... I don’t buy a lot of sandwich bread at TJs, but my favorite bakery loaf i buy is very seedy-but! No seeds on the outside to fly all over everything everywhere (its the “northern rye” from breads bakery in nyc, very heavy dense rather pricey one that lasts me a long time)
    Your review is so positive i may give this a go and be extra cautious...don’t the seeds on the outside burn when it’s toasted?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got a teaspoon of sugar in each serving

      Delete
  2. Oh, and btw the new horseradish aioli is crazy amazing! Well, if you like horseradish. Definitely has that kick to it and has been great to perk up sandwiches and fantastic on avocado toast. I think most people have it with roast beef?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bread, but why so sweet. Why the added sugar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To keep Americans addicted cause diabetes and to eventually kill us

      Delete
  4. Gross. I hate bread with sugar added

    ReplyDelete