Friday, October 5, 2018

Trader Joe's Yellow Curry Chopped Salad


Let's list what you're getting here. In the main bag are chopped lettuce, red cabbage, and carrots, plus some naan "chips" (some of which were crunchy, and some of which were soft--a strange discrepancy). Then there are small plastic bags inside, one containing some cashews, one with a miserly portion of golden raisins, and one with the dressing--probably four times what you could possibly want for the amount of salad here.

So all of the yellow-curry-ness of this product is in the dressing. It's supposed to be a lime vinaigrette, but I couldn't attest to that, as I noticed not a speck of lime flavor. It does have a full compliment of traditional curry spices, though the overall effect did little to remind me of actual Indian curry dishes I've had.


Will I buy it again? 

No. It's unsatisfying, unconvincing, overly packaged, and a little weird.

3 comments:

  1. This was so bizarre.... i only had a small portion with the dressing and was not a fan. Ended up tossing the excess lime-free dressing and added my own to the rest of it.
    Definitely a hard no on any future purchase.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today at lunch I tried the leftover dressing on my regular salad, and liked it even less than when it was in its intended setting.

      Delete
    2. Oh yikes- you’re more forgiving than i am!
      Ttrockwood

      Delete