Thursday, October 25, 2018

Trader Joe's White Stilton Cheese With Cranberries


I've tried two Trader Joe's Stilton cheeses before, one with apricots and one with mango and ginger. I don't like this one nearly as much as I did either of those. It's hard to be sure, but I think the problem is that the cranberries are artificially sweetened (see "fructose" on the list of ingredients in the photo above). I would love to try a version in which the cranberry bits were left in their natural, unsweetened state. I suspect the tartness would partner with the mild cheese in a really interesting way.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I would prefer either of the other two (though I think they've all been just temporary offerings, no longer available). But I wouldn't buy any of them again simply because the exceptionally crumbly nature of the underlying Stilton makes them frustratingly difficult to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment