Monday, October 22, 2018

Trader Joe's Hot Cocoa Dunkers


I don't dunk cookies. I just don't. Never have, never will. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with people who dunk (though I have my suspicions); I'm just not one of them.

So arguably I should have just left this tub of Dunkers on the TJ's shelf, leaving both the eating and reviewing to somebody who would use them in the intended way. But that's not what I did. I bought them, and I ate them--dry and straight up.

They're pretty decent. However, I didn't like the chocolate coating on the bottom, as it melts on the hands too easily. I was also disappointed in the marshmallow bits, which were hard and dry, not soft and squishy.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I did eventually eat the whole tub, a few at a time, but I never became enthusiastic about them. Go ask somebody who dunks.

4 comments:

  1. I have similar anti-dunking feelings and am glad i passed these by. Too many other treats I would rather get!
    Ttrockwood
    PS
    Speaking of treats, I picked up the “restaurant style tortilla chips” , different from the ones they had years back. And holy mother of perfection....! They’re sturdy and don’t break easily yet have the perfect amount of salt and almost undetectable hint of lime. I ate too many with a quick guacamole i made and called it dinner :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean, not these? https://exploringtraderjoes.blogspot.com/2015/08/trader-joes-restaurant-style-white-corn.html

      Delete
    2. These are new-er, and thicker with a tiny bit of the lime. Literally like at a good mexican restaurant
      https://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/4357

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I missed that development. Will pick up a bag next trip.

      Delete