Friday, October 12, 2018

Trader Joe's Organic Frosted Toaster Pastries--Hot Cocoa



This is the latest in a product line that has featured cherry-pomegranate, brown sugar and cinnamon, strawberry, and the seasonal pumpkin flavors.

I like these, no question. But with the chocolate variety even more than with the others, it's impossible to ignore the fact that you're eating what is basically a sugary dessert, rather than a healthy breakfast food. They are basically the embodiment of Bill Cosby's famous story of feeding his kids chocolate cake for breakfast.


Will I buy it again? 

I enjoyed every bite, but no.

1 comment:

  1. Well I don’t think any pop tarts are a healthy breakfast...,! They do sound tasty but for my “treat” calories i go for my triple gingersnap cookies or chocolate.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete