Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Trader Joe's Harvest Chili



From looking at the ingredients list, I thought this seemed like a bad idea--too much squash/cauliflower/pumpkin/sweet potato, and not enough traditional chili ingredients. Upon actually eating it, that concern was confirmed. But I found that an even bigger problem could be stated as "too many onions, not enough tomato." I didn't hate it, but I sure wouldn't have called it "chili" if I had tasted it without benefit of seeing the label. "Spicy vegetable soup," maybe.


Will I buy it again? 

No. Give me soy chorizo chili over this anytime.

1 comment:

  1. I was excited to find this, the jar of harvest soup has dairy and this doesn’t - I hesitated thinking it would be too spicy but it wasn’t too hot for me. Definitely nothing like chili, I didn’t mind the onions- but I probably won’t rebuy just because i make some fairly fantastic soups and stews myself and it’s $5 in nyc which isn’t the best value (i can make a pot of stew with 10 servings for about $8)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete