Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Trader Joe's Big Soft Pretzels


I'm not sure if the name of this product is supposed to be "Big Soft Pretzels" or "Soft Big Pretzels." Either way, the name is not a lie; they're both big and soft. And they taste good.

They're prepared with just a few minutes in the oven. Alternatively, you can just let them thaw, but getting them hot out of the oven is so obviously superior that I can't recommend that choice.

The big problem, as I see it, comes in the application of the salt. There is a packet of large-grained salt included, but I found it impossible to get the right amount on. Getting the salt to stick requires spritzing the pretzel with water, which I just could not get applied evenly. Every time I prepared one, it ended up with either too much or too little salt--and sometimes both, with sections of too much and too little. All three outcomes were annoying and disappointing.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if your hilariously inept ability to apply salt to a pretzel should count against the product itself. Rather, it only proves you to be a bit of a moron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd invite you over to teach me your masterly pretzel-salting technique--but you're kind of an asshole, so no.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually sounds surprisingly authentic...! Haha, every soft pretzel i seem to order or get froma street vendor either has too much salt or a bald spot! Probably best to just use an egg wash and sprinkle on the salt before baking. Hope you had some good brown mustard with them
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I read on these reviews is how people will not buy again. Go be a foodie snob at Whole Foods instead

    ReplyDelete