Monday, November 26, 2018

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Blueberry Bagels


Is it possible that I've never had Trader Joe's bagels before? Apparently so. I can't remember any, and a text search of this blog's archives finds none.

Too bad, then, that my first venture into the field is so disappointing. These taste reasonably like the many other conventional blueberry bagels I've had from bakeries, but the texture is all wrong. There's no chew; they just kind of fall apart in your mouth, as if made of dust. Why, it's almost as if they contained no long-chain proteins holding them together!


Will I buy it again? 

No. I ate one, but the rest will go back to the store for a refund.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet mother of all that is holy all of trader joe’s bagged bagels like this are SO BAD. In nyc there’s a local vendor that TJs sells with bagels in a paper bag with a plastic window- and toasted they’re good enough, waaaayyyy better than any in this bag type of packaging.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete