Monday, February 11, 2019

Trader Joe's Corn, Pea, Bean & Quinoa Crisps


These are odd little chips. They're mostly flat, but with a lot of puffed-out areas. The color is non-uniform--kind of a dirty yellow, with bits of color here and there, including the unexpected green, where the odd pea has been embedded.

I wish I could say that I could taste each of the individual components, but I can't. They're quite bland, with not enough salt, and basically taste like unsalted (almost) corn chips. I had them with some hummus, and with my leftover Creamy Cashew Fiesta Dip. Their flavor was neutral enough to work well with both, and they were large and sturdy enough for scooping.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. They had something similar last year that was way better - which they of course discontinued. I think it was like quinoa and popcorn...?
    Totally agree these were meh at best and definitely needed more salt. Better when i crushed a few ontop of soup as croutons but I won’t repurchase
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete