Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Trader Joe's Malabari Paratha


This is a new item; see Trader Joe's introduction to it here.

The directions are to heat it from frozen on the stove in a lightly oiled pan, adding a bit of browning. I did this, then served it topped with a mixture of Yellow Tadka Dal (which I said I wouldn't buy again, but then forgot) and some fake meat. The result wasn't one of my best culinary creations; it was all kind of dull-looking and dull-tasting.

The TJ's web page explains the difference between paratha and naan, but I sure wouldn't be able to tell which one I was eating if you put one of them in front of me, except perhaps by the spiral pattern on the paratha. Nina said that the paratha wasn't as puffy as they're supposed to be. I wouldn't know, having never ever heard of it before, let alone eaten it.


Will I buy it again? 

No. As a carb base for protein and veggies, I prefer rice or some form of noodles, and I don't think it's good enough to have by itself on the side. It's not that it's a bad product; I just don't see a role for it in my eating.

1 comment:

  1. I’ve seen mixed reviews on these- somehow they have enough dairy i should stay clear of then so glad to know they’re not mind blowing amazing ;)
    Ttrockwood
    PS
    Somehow i just tried the “bite sized everything crackers” for the first time and they are AMAZING! Sturdy enough for cheese or thick dips but great just as is

    ReplyDelete