Monday, February 4, 2019

Trader Joe's Fruit & Nut (& Other Stuff) Crisps


In texture, these are much like a trio of previous Trader Joe's "crisps": Raisin Rosemary, Pumpkin Cranberry, and Mango & Ginger. That is, they're dry and crispy almost to the point of being brittle, kind of like Melba Toast, but with lots of embedded chewy bits of fruit. These, however, are quite a bit larger than the previous three products.

I didn't really notice them being sweet, apart from the occasional hunks of fruit. But Nina immediately declared that they were more akin to cookies than crackers, on account of the sweetness. And sure enough, sugar is high on the list of ingredients.

We ate them with sharp cheddar slices, a pairing that worked well enough that I wasn't interested in trying them any other way.


Will I buy it again? 

Not for myself; I didn't like them enough to displace or join my usual cracker lineup. But I would definitely consider them for an appetizer before dinner with guests, or as part of a cheese tray for a party.

2 comments:

  1. I don’t especially understand how these are so popular (and the original version Rainforest Crisps which are rather expensive). I find them way too hard and unpleasant in a stabs the insides of my mouth way!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. Love love love. Will not buy because $$$ and sugar in abundance. But I love them.

    ReplyDelete