Monday, February 18, 2019

Trader Joe's Roasted Gorgonzola Flavored Oven Crisp Crackers



Weird experience last night. Nina had me over to her place for dinner, and opened this box of crackers to have as an appetizer with some Pepita Salsa. I knew that I had bought and eaten these crackers before, and even that I had shared them with Nina, but I couldn't remember whether either of us liked them. So I looked for my review. Couldn't find it. Searching for "Gorgonzola" correctly brought up this review of TJ's Champagne Pear Vinaigrette With Gorgonzola, so the search function was working. I looked through all 38 previous reviews with the "cracker" label, in case I had misspelled the name of the cheese when writing the review. Nothing. So apparently I never got around to writing about these, after buying and eating them specifically for the purpose of doing so.

I like them OK. I would like them more if they were larger. They're too small to spread, say, peanut butter on. They could scoop up only a tiny portion of salsa each. (But the taste combination of these crackers and that salsa was quite good, and I ate enough of the combo to seriously spoil my appetite.) I've never had Gorgonzola cheese, so I can only guess at what it tastes like from the flavor component of these crackers that's unlike any other I've had before. I doesn't wow me, but I can live with it.

Nina loves these crackers--which is surprising, because she distinctly does not like blue cheeses generally or Gorgonzola specifically.


Will I buy it again? 

No.


No comments:

Post a Comment