Monday, February 25, 2019

Trader Joe's Vacuum Dried Crunchy Red Dragon Fruit Chips


I've never eaten dragon fruit. It's a weird, scary-looking thing. Fortunately, the dried chips made from it are much less intimidating. They're still plenty strange, but at least they don't look, I dunno, lethal. Just looking at them, I would guess them to be some sort of red corn chips with maybe chia seeds--like a new variation of these chips. But nope--that would be way off.

The texture really is--as the name implies--like chips. The flavor is hard to describe, other than being obviously fruity. I found it to be sort of halfway between cherry and strawberry, but with an element unlike either of them. Not unpleasant at all. And, oddly, seeming familiar and unfamiliar at the same time.


Will I buy it again? 

No. But it's definitely worth trying once just for the new experience.

1 comment:

  1. I ate one and returned the rest for a refund. Tasted like a stale, thick-cut potato chip.

    ReplyDelete