Thursday, February 28, 2019

Trader Joe's Organic Thick & Chunky Salsa


This is a new product; see Trader Joe's own description of it here.

My first impression was that it was nearly identical to my favorite Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa. That prompted me to open a jar of the latter (which I always have sitting around) and try them side by side. They're close, but distinguishable. The new one is a little chunkier, a little hotter, a little less sweet, and a little more oniony. On every one of those parameters, I prefer the old favorite; i.e., I like less chunky, less hot, more sweet, and less onion. The only characteristic on which I judge it better is that it's a little bit thicker--less runny--and therefore doesn't have quite as much tendency to drip off the edges of tortilla chips before they get to your mouth.


Will I buy it again? 

No. It's good enough to finish off one jar, but I wouldn't pick it over the Fire-Roasted Tomato.

1 comment:

  1. Such a diligent comparison! It seems like TJs is putting concerned effort into organic new products lately, which I appreciate since about anywhere else organic prices can be obscene
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete