Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The man at the end of the line

Here's a quirky article from November, 2013, about a Trader Joe's in Manhattan, and specifically an employee whose job is to help people find the end of the line (which otherwise melts into the crowd of shoppers).

http://narrative.ly/watching-over-new-york/the-man-at-the-end-of-the-line/

I'm glad my TJ's is not anything like the one described in the article. If that were the typical experience of shopping there, I wouldn't go half as often as I do. My store is a much smaller one. I think they have six cash registers, maybe seven. I have never had more than three people ahead of me in a checkout line, and I'd guess that the average number of people ahead of me in line has been one.

Hat tip to the "Things I Love at Trader Joe's" blog for their post about the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment