Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Trader Joe's Italian Sausage-less Sausage



This is an excellent fake meat. It freezes well. It holds together. It slices cleanly and easily. It fries up beautifully in a little oil. It's versatile. It has a nice, substantial texture. It tastes great--just the right amount of spiciness. Offhand, I can't think of anything I'd want to do to improve it. Nina and I have had this a few times before, and it has been just right every time, in my opinion. It has become one of those items that I always keep on hand.

Will I buy it again? 

Yes, definitely.


Nina's View

I am 90% sure that this is a repackaging of Lightlife's Meatless Italian Sausage, which I have been buying and enjoying for years. It is yummy, and makes for a good breakfast sausage, a good grilling sausage when others are having hot dogs, and a good sausagey additive to things that can benefit from that (like a marinara sauce or a stew). Absolutely needs browning of some sort to be properly enjoyed.

I would be interested in a price comparison. If it's cheaper at TJ's, I'll try to remember to stock up when I make my occasional foray there, instead of at my local Ingles supermarket..


Next post: Multigrain & Flaxseed Water Crackers 

No comments:

Post a Comment