Saturday, February 28, 2015

Trader Joe's Cinnamon Apple Snack Sticks



This is exactly the sort of unusual, never-heard-of-it-before product that is found in every nook and cranny of a Trader Joe's store, but nearly impossible to find anywhere else. I really had no idea what to expect when I spotted this bag and decided to give it a try.

The sticks are made out of a multigrain mix combined with apple puree. Besides the apple, I can detect only rice in them. Imagine apple-flavored rice cakes, and you'll be pretty close. Then there's a light dusting of cinnamon and sugar. The sugar portion is blessedly light--only 4 grams out of a 28-gram serving. The cinnamon is just right, complementing the apple without overpowering it.

I liked these--not enough that they're going to be a favorite, but they're a light, crunchy, pleasant little snack. I find that after a handful or two I've reached my saturation point of apple and cinnamon, which produces an auto-limiting effect. Unlike, say, TJ's caramel popcorn, which I tend to continue eating until the ambulance arrives to take me to the ER for a stomach pumping.

Will I buy it again? 

Yes, occasionally.


Nina's View


I like these too. They go great with applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment