Monday, February 23, 2015

Trader Joe's Cookie Butter Sandwich Cookies



I have deliberately avoided all of Trader Joe's numerous varieties of cookie butter and products made therewith, out of fear that I would like them too much. Every time I see somebody on Twitter posting about a first tasting of the stuff, with an exclamation like "OMG this changes EVERYTHING!"--which happens pretty much every day--I feel that I'm missing out. Writing a daily Trader Joe's blog without having tried cookie butter seems sort of like being a movie critic who has never seen a Hitchcock film.

So I decided to ease into the cookie butter world--but gently, rather than going straight for the hard stuff that people love so much they start injecting it intravenously.

And speaking of intravenously, I think that's how they're going to have to deliver my blood thinners after I have the heart attack that these will induce. Yes, they're super-sweet, but I was even more struck by the butteriness. About ten seconds after my first bite, I could feel my cholesterol levels going stratospheric.

They are mighty tasty. But I had to stop after three--which for me is a pretty small serving of cookies when they're this small. The intensity of the sugar and butter hit was just too much for any more than that.

Will I buy it again? 

Not until after I get that long-postponed angioplasty.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard a lot of people comment the same thing (myself included) that they are satisfied with just eating a couple of these cookies. Having said that, I am in love with these cookies - they would easily make my Top 10 list. I am not a huge cookie butter fan, but the combination of butter cookie with the cookie butter is delicious. I am on my fourth box already, and they have only been in stock a little over three weeks!

    ReplyDelete