Monday, February 2, 2015

Trader Joe's Kalamata Olive Hummus



This is the third hummus I've ever purchased. It's still early in the process, but I feel myself turning into a hummus fan.

I didn't know what to expect from this. I don't eat olives. I don't mind the flavor of olives when mixed in with other things, but something about the texture of the fruit feels kind of icky.

Here, I think it melds really nicely with the chickpeas. But the best part is the tartness and acidity contributed by the lemon juice. The net result is that this is my favorite of the three TJ's hummus products I've tried. It makes me want to go back and try again the lemon hummus that Nina found at another local grocery store.

Will I buy it again? 

I have lots more kinds of hummus to try, both at TJ's and from other sources, but yes, I strongly suspect I'll come back to this one as at least an occasional one to bring home.


Nina's View

I like olive oil in salad dressing and in cooking, but I don't care for olives on their own. And I don't particularly care for extra oliveyness (yes, it's a word! okay, maybe not) in my hummus. Begone, I say.


No comments:

Post a Comment