Sunday, February 22, 2015

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Bar--Coconut Caramel



Three of the best words in the English language start with C: chocolate, coconut, and caramel.

What happens when you put all three of them together? Pure awesomeness.

This is simply the best Trader Joe's chocolate bar I've had, and one of the best from any manufacturer. The three main ingredients are balanced perfectly, and there's an obvious, though downplayed, bit of salt, too. (I generally think that the recent fad of salt with chocolate is way overblown. Just a touch is nice, as here.)

It's moderately expensive, at $1.99 for 3 ounces, but worth it.

My only complaint is that the sections don't break off cleanly. The chocolate breaks across sections, which are filled with the thick, liquid, caramel-coconut mix, thus making things messy.

In spite of that flaw, this is Top Ten material. Yum.

Will I buy it again? 

Surely.


Nina's View

Bob wondered whether I'd remember this chocolate, since I've been on a dessert moratorium for a while.

Oh yes. Yes indeedy I do certainly remember.

My mouth is in fact actually watering as I recall the very extreme level of tastiness of this particular chocolate bar. This is no small compliment as I am not an especially zealous chocolate-eater.

Maybe Bob will have some in the house when I next go to dinner. It could happen, right? I might kick my dessert-abstinence to the curb for a few squares of this fabulosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment