Friday, October 16, 2015

Trader Joe's Tangerine Juice


I don't think I've ever had straight-up tangerine juice before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. However, among the Trader Joe's juice line, this is one of the rare one-ingredient products, which, experience tells me, means that it's probably good.

And it is. It's more intense than all but the freshest orange juice, but less sweet, with a bit of tartness. I don't have a lifetime of tangerine juice experience against which to compare this as I do with orange and grapefruit, so it's hard to know where to place this on the spectrum. However, using what we learned about orange juices, I'd venture a guess that (1) a genuinely fresh-squeezed product would be even better than this, but I don't even know if such a thing even exists in the commercial grocery world, and (2) short of that, this not-from-concentrate version, with no adulteration, is probably about as good as you can buy.

It's not cheap, at $2.99 for one quart, but it gives you a very nice burst of citrusy flavor that's a little different from your average orange juice.

Will I buy it again? 

Not regularly, but once in a while as a treat, with pleasure.

2 comments:

  1. I love TJ's Tangerine Juice and buy it frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good! I'm going ti get one as a treat :)

    ReplyDelete