Sunday, May 22, 2016

Trader Joe's Brown Jasmine Rice From Thailand



See Trader Joe's guide to its various rices here.

I think this is my favorite TJ's rice yet. It's flavorful, pleasantly firm to chew, long-grained, cooks up easily and consistently, never sticky, leaving little residue lining my rice cooker.

The main thing wrong with it is the damnable package, with the resealable opening partway down the front of the bag instead of at the top, where nature intended it to be. This maddening design is enough to make me believe in demonic spirits, because who else could have thought it a good idea? It's impossible to pour out rice without spilling.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. After I try another two or three varieties for blogging purposes, I think this is likely to become my default choice.


Nina's View

In general, I am not a fan of brown rice. I am well aware of all the arguments in its favor. And yet, I still prefer their paler pals.

Having bared my prejudice to the world, I will nevertheless aver that this is BY FAR my favorite brown rice. It is flavorful, has a nice toothsome texture, and is neither gummy nor heavy. It's good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment