Sunday, May 29, 2016

Trader Joe's Organic Split Pea Soup


We've been kind of neglecting the new items lately, so it's time to focus on them with seven reviews in a row. Yes, that means it's another New Products Week! 


This is a brand-new product; no information posted about it on TJ's web site yet. $1.99.

I wish the actual soup looked as good as it does on the package. Instead, it's a monochrome, unappetizing, green glop. It's so thick that it actually comes out of the box as a solid, retaining the shape of its former container until heated.

The taste isn't much better. It's bland, with something weirdly off. If I were fed this without knowing what the main ingredient was, would I correctly identify it as "peas"? I'm not sure--it's a close call.


Will I buy it again? 

No. It is mediocre at best.

1 comment:

  1. This was literally the single worst item I have ever purchased from TJ's. I had it for lunch today and the taste was so off-putting I couldn't eat dinner. I still had the horrible aftertaste from this stuff coming through everything else. Their canned vegan split pea was wonderful. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete