Monday, May 23, 2016

Trader Joe's Vanilla Meringues



I had never noticed or heard of these until recently when somebody on Twitter posted a photo and said that they taste just like the marshmallow bits in Lucky Charms cereal.

Well! I have eaten a ton of Lucky Charms in my life, and I always felt that eating the cereal part was the price you had to pay in order to get to eat the yummy marshmallow bits. So if Trader Joe's was selling something that was like a giant Lucky Charms marshmallow piece, Ima be all over that.

You know what? That woman on Twitter was right. These really do taste a lot like the marshmallow bits from Lucky Charms--so much so that it's hard to think of anything else when eating them.

But they're just too much of a good thing. I find that I quickly get sated of that taste. It feels like a struggle to finish just one of these giant things. The label says that a serving size is four, which seems impossible to me. I like them--but nowhere near that much.


Will I buy it again? 

It was fun and interesting to try them once, but that's plenty for this lifetime.

Update 

I had about six of these. I think I had two the first night, then one per night for the next few days. And that was the end of it. I liked each one less than the one before, and finally gave up on them entirely. They went back to the store for a refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment