Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Trader Joe's Mini Pie Medley



These look so good, don't they? And it's not just a photographer's trick--they pretty much look like the package photo, except that the fruity stuff poking out looks less like actual pieces of fruit and more like colored filling.

And therein lies the problem. The fruit filling is nearly all filling, very little fruit--and there's not much of it. The crust:filling ratio is way too high, and what there is of the filling looks and tastes like chemical, gelatinous, fake fruit. It's a major disappointment.

Great idea, lousy execution.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

5 comments:

  1. Please start posting pictures of the actual product if possible! Would love to see how the food looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google images can help you out in the meantime

      Delete
    2. Sorry to cross advertise, but it seems they don't want to add more pictures, so you can also check out: whatsgoodattraderjoes.com

      Delete
  2. I understand why that would be nice. But I'm not going to make a habit of it. It would be a lot more extra work than you'd probably think--and right when I'm wanting to eat the thing I just cooked up. If somebody starts paying me to write my reviews, then I promise I'll do it! But until then, I'll reserve those extra pictures for when something departs so far from what you'd think from the package that I decide readers need to know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree- i had one at casual friends get together a while back and it's just way too much crust. They're cute, but, that's about it.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete