Monday, September 26, 2016

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies



This is Day Two of Cookie Week. 



I confess, I wasn't paying enough attention. I felt like taking home some cookies. I scanned along the cookie shelf and noticed "chocolate chocolate chip cookies," and that sealed the deal. I stopped reading. I didn't notice the "gluten free" part until I got home. However, in retrospect, I probably would have bought them anyway, just to give them a try.

They're OK, but not anything like the rich deliciousness that I had hoped for. Like most things based on rice flour, they have an odd grainy texture. These are also weirdly shaped, more like lumps than flat cookies. The chocolate in the dough seems overdone, as if to compensate for a lack of flavor in any other ingredients.

I managed to finish off the bag--but slowly, because I never wanted more than two cookies in a sitting. Given my history of binge-eating chocolate cookies, this is as severe an indictment as I can pen.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment