Saturday, September 10, 2016

Trader Joe's Organic Cracked Wheat Bread



I like this bread very much. I like its flavor. I like the way it toasts and the way it stands up to whatever sandwich ingredients you ask it to hold. I like its medium density--substantial without feeling ponderous.

It has one fatal flaw, however, that will keep it from being one of my top TJ's bread choices: The loaf is short, top to bottom. Instead of a standard-sized sandwich, you get about half a sandwich--maybe two-thirds for the slices that are nearer the middle of the loaf. If that doesn't bother you, you should definitely give this a try. For me, sadly, that's an important characteristic, and it's going to limit how often I choose to buy this.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. When I anticipate a stretch of time in which I'll do more making of breakfast toast than lunch sandwiches, this is a truly excellent choice. Were it not for that handicap of its size, it might become my first choice. As it is, I'll have to be selective about my use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment