Sunday, September 25, 2016

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies



It's time for another theme week. This time, a whole week of reviews of--cookies! 


I rather liked the Gluten Free Crispy Crunchy Ginger Chunk Cookies when they came out, so I decided to try their older shelf-mate, the chocolate chip version.

They are very similar, except for the ginger vs. chocolate thing. The basic cookie dough seems the same, as close as I can tell. Which means that they're decent, but not great. They're basically just a whole lot of butter and sugar held together by as little rice flour as the bakers can manage to make work. This makes them unusually rich--but not necessarily in a good way.

I would rank them a notch below their ginger brethren. But f I had to avoid gluten, I'd be happy to have them.


Will I buy it again? 

No. There are much better--and cheaper--chocolate chip cookies available for those of us who can have gluten.

No comments:

Post a Comment