Thursday, September 15, 2016

Trader Joe's Sweet & Spicy Mango Vinaigrette


I bought this back in June, at the height of the all-mango-all-the-time craze TJ's had going on. Though I was using it regularly, I kept putting off writing about it because I couldn't figure out what to say. Now I've finished the bottle, and I'm still not sure.

I guess the best way to sum up my opinion is this: It's not sweet enough to be worthy of having "sweet" in its name, it's not spicy enough to have "spicy" in its name, and it's not mango enough to have "mango" in its name. There's a generic fruitiness, but I don't think I could pin it down as mango if I didn't have the label blaring at me. It's just underwhelming in every way.


Will I buy it again? 

No. The fact that I consumed the entire bottle should tell you that I didn't hate it, but it's not even in the same universe as what is still my all-time favorite, TJ's Raspberry Vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment