Thursday, December 6, 2018

Trader Joe's Cranberry Persimmon Relish


This is Trader Joe's newest version of cranberry sauce, so of course I had to try it for Thanksgiving.

I liked it, didn't love it. It's overly sweetened, so the tartness from the cranberries is completely overwhelmed. I couldn't detect any persimmon flavor, but the orange definitely comes through, as does the distinctive taste of the cloves.


Will I buy it again? 

No. It's a mildly interesting variation on the traditional theme, but I much prefer TJ's famous Fresh Cranberry Sauce.

2 comments:

  1. I was so lucky to have fresh homemade cranberry sauce at my friends’ thanksgiving gathering, so disappointing when cranberry sauce it too sweet- the whole point is that it’s tart!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this. Has a light ginger bite that is delicious. Layered on top of brie or Camembert cheese on good water crackers. Wish I had the recipe to make with my frozen cranberries.

    ReplyDelete