Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Trader Joe's Riced Cauliflower Stuffing


I would never have purchased this for myself, due to the prominent warning about leeks and onions on the package. But Nina bought it and served it with dinner recently, so I tried it.

It's just way too oniony for me. This is not news. After all, even having an onion in the same room with me is "too oniony" for me. The news is that it was also too oniony for Nina. That takes some doing.

She also wished to register a complaint that despite preparing it exactly as per the directions for the stovetop, it came out too wet and mushy.


Will I buy it again? 

Not a chance.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed: this was way too mushy. I had high hopes for this one since I love cauliflower-based products, but the texture was terrible.

    I also agree that it was super oniony, but that didn't bother me since I like the taste of onions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve tried a number of different frozen cauli rice preps and they all come out mooshy! Just doesn’t work for me, glad i kept passing on this version too. I like onions but too many aren’t delicious
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete