Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Trader Joe's Mini Peppermint Meringues


These are little bomblets of sugar, held together by some egg white, flavored with peppermint. There's nothing wrong with that formula--but by the same token, there can't be that much great about it. They're plenty tasty, but your mouth and brain will be left with no doubt that all you're eating is fluffed-up minty sugar.

Can we talk about the serving size here? Take a look at this:



11 cookies? First, they're not "cookies." Call them "pieces," or "meringues." But 11? ELEVEN? Eating 11 of these would be like one of those stupid "challenge" fads that kids these days like to film themselves doing, like eating cinnamon or an ultra-hot pepper. I'm convinced that eating 11 of these would put you in the hospital, needing an IV insulin drip. I had four, and even though I liked them, that was plenty, and probably one more than the optimal serving size. The thought of tripling that makes me ill.


Will I buy it again? 

No. Nice, but solidly in the once-was-enough category.

2 comments:

  1. I tried these at my sister’s place, certainly tasty but i agree that 11 as a serving is insane! I had just three and was happy with that, and although they were certainly sweet they didn’t really satisfy my craving for a dessert.
    Don’t think i would ever finish a container of these myself
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I could eat a container of these in a sitting. So…I think it’s FANTASTIC that a serving is 11 pieces.

    ReplyDelete