Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Trader Joe's Scalloped Cracker Trio


Nina bought these crackers. I had not noticed them in the store. Apparently it's a seasonal item, though it's not obvious why it should be. Poking around the web, I also discovered that it was sold late last year, too, though it escaped my attention then. Trader Joe's description of it from the Fearless Flyer is here.

The garlic one had no chance of meeting my approval. I just don't care for garlic, and these crackers are fairly loaded with it.

The rosemary one tasted most likely onion powder to me. That is one of its ingredients, but I don't know why it would stand out more than the rosemary itself. Maybe it's just my intense hatred of onion that makes it seem more prominent in the flavor profile than it actually is.

Then we come to the star of the show: the red chili. I loved this one. It had just enough chili flavor to be interesting. It tasted exactly like chili powder smells. I don't think I've ever had chili-flavored crackers before, so there was a definite novelty factor at work, in addition to the flavor just working really well with the mild cheese I had with it.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I didn't like two out of the three. But I sure wish TJ's would package the chili crackers as a stand-alone item. I'd buy those on the regular.

1 comment:

  1. These crackers are extremely dry and not much flavor. Will not buy again.

    ReplyDelete