Sunday, July 10, 2016

Trader Joe's Crescent Rolls



I was disappointed when I opened this package and bits of the dough exploded onto me and the counter and cabinets. Most of what were supposed to be triangular pieces of dough were blown into two or more pieces, and I had to do a weird kind of jigsaw puzzle to reassemble eight rolls.

However, this may have been my own fault. I had bought this package a long time before, and it got lost and forgotten at the back of a refrigerator shelf. I was finally opening it four months after its "best by" date. I had had another one of these before I started this blog, and it did not have that problem.

To their credit, the finished rolls, though somewhat misshapen due to being roughly reassembled, were still evenly browned, light, flaky, and tasty. In taste and texture, they are every bit as good as Pillsbury's more famous similar product.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. I like them. I just have to do better remembering that I have them next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment