Saturday, July 2, 2016

Trader Joe's Sparkling Pomegranate Flavored Juice Blend



A friend served this at a party, and I liked it enough to buy my own bottle on my next TJ's run.

The "four juice concentrates" mentioned on the label are grape, apple, pomegranate, and black currant. I can definitely taste the pomegranate, but it's not front and center. I have to mentally search for it, having in mind what pomegranate tastes like. When I do, it's there, but it's less prominent than the grape and apple. I don't know what black currant juice would taste like alone, so it's lost on me.

I would prefer a blend more weighted toward the nominal main ingredient. Still, it's a pleasant enough combination--sweet and fruity without tasting like it's been spiked with sugar.


Will I buy it again? 

Not often, but yes, for occasions where I want a bit of festiveness.


Nina's View

It's pretty, but it really tastes mostly of grape juice.

This is one of those cases where buying pomegranate juice, then adding seltzer and a little simple syrup to taste, would result in something much more satisfactory. Okay, that would be a tad less convenient, I agree. 

I'll drink it, but I won't seek it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment