Monday, December 26, 2016

Trader Joe's Cocoa Batons



Faced with the yearly onslaught of fall/winter chocolate offerings from Trader Joe's, all that a hapless reviewer can do is pick a few randomly and hope for the best. That's what happened here.

It turned out to be a good choice. Strangely, I didn't much care for the first one, but as I've eaten several more, I've come to like them quite a bit.

The subtitled description you can see above is better than anything I could come up with independently: "Delicate rolled wafers filled with rich chocolate cream." Exactly so.

I find that two of them make for a nice dessert, satisfying my craving for sweetness without being too calorific or indulgent.

It has not escaped my attention that these look suspiciously similar to the Pepperidge Farms Chocolate Fudge Pirouette Rolled Wafers. I believe a Congressional investigation should be commenced immediately.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment