Friday, December 16, 2016

Trader Joe's Creamy Toscano Cheese Soaked In Syrah



Two years ago, when reviewing Trader Joe's Toscano cheese infused with cinnamon, I said that I liked the cheese itself, but not the cinnamon, so I should try their other variants. Now I'm finally getting around to doing so.

I definitely liked this one better than the cinnamon. But that's more because of the absence of cinnamon than because of the addition of the wine. I found it hard to even detect the presence of wine except for right at the rind. Its flavor didn't seem to permeate through the cheese the way the cinnamon did.

The cheese itself is, again, excellent--rich and buttery. Its main flaw, again, is being kind of crumbly and hard to slice cleanly.


Will I buy it again? 

Maybe once more, but it's not likely to become a frequent purchase. I'm ready to try the pepper-coated version (if they still make it; I haven't checked recently).

No comments:

Post a Comment