Monday, December 26, 2016

Trader Joe's Organic Holiday Fruit Spread



I could tell from the description--"plums, apples, cranberries, cinnamon & cloves"--that I would like this. However, whether it turned out to be a modest "like" or a big one would turn on whether they avoided two obvious traps: (1) Making it too sweet. (2) Dumping in too much cinnamon and cloves.

I'm pleased to report that they passed both tests. It's excellent stuff.

Now I'm just disappointed that they called it "holiday," and will presumably sell it for just a month or two per year. There's no reason this shouldn't be on the shelves all the time.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes.

1 comment:

  1. I bought two jars every time I bought this. For the 2018 season it was replaced? with “Sugar Plum Jam”. Very good, but not evocative of Christmas and it is also seasonal.—This may be more than folks want to know, but plum jam is not generally stocked in PNW (where I have lived for forty years) grocery stores, though many are now stocking a french brand or two. I grew up in the S/SW where plum jam and plum butter were to me like “mother’s milk.”

    ReplyDelete