Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Trader Joe's Fondue Au Chocolat



This is a brand-new product, probably seasonal, though nothing I found says so explicitly.

Frankly, I expected disappointment. How good could inexpensive microwavable fondue chocolate in a plastic tub be, after all?

As it happens, pretty darn good. I brought home some strawberries to dip in it, and the results were, well, scrumptious. The chocolate tastes and feels like high-quality stuff, whereas I had expected cheap, gloppy dreck.

You zap the chocolate right in the tub it comes in, then dip whatever you're using right into that same tub, so there's virtually no mess to clean up. This is surely the most convenient fondue in the history of the world. The texture is lovely--smooth and creamy, thin enough to make even coating easy, but thick enough to stick rather than drip off.

No question, this is a solid winner. Highly recommended.


Will I buy it again? 

Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment