Thursday, December 15, 2016

Trader Joe's Giant Baked Beans In Tomato Sauce


This is a new product that appeared on the shelves about a month ago. I love baked beans--eat 'em once or twice a week on average. I've tried practically every brand that I've had access to. These are distinctly different in two ways. First, as the name implies, they're huge. I don't think that's either good nor bad; it's just different.

The second difference, though, is the dealbreaker. The sauce is heavy with dill. I like dill in some things, but as a strong flavoring in baked beans it doesn't work. It makes me feel like I'm eating pickled beans instead of baked beans.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I finished eating them, so they weren't so horrible as to require throwing away, but I was left with no desire for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment