Monday, May 18, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Shells And White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese



Let's not beat around the bush: This is the best boxed macaroni and cheese I've ever tried. It's better than Kraft. It's better than Annie's. It's better than Trader Joe's own regular variety of mac and cheese. It actually tastes like real cheese, with no icky chemical overtones.

My only quibble is the use of shells instead of elbow macaroni. This is only because the shells tend to turn face up and retain water--which makes it hard to drain the pasta after cooking it--and catch globs of the cheese powder rather than letting it disperse fully. But it's a minor defect.

As the best item in its class available anywhere (as far as I know), I nominate it to my Top Ten list.

Will I buy it again? 

It has already become my first choice from now until I die, or they stop making it, or I learn of something even better.


Nina’s View

This stuff is the diggity-bomb. You may cease eating that other crap immediately.

3 comments:

  1. I may be misremembering but I think the TJ's brand IS Annie's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, TJ's is Annie's. And for a fraction of the price, as per usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it's Annie's- and definitely freaking amazing!!!
    Agreed on shells vs elbows situation

    ReplyDelete