Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Beehive Cheese Big John's Cajun



I seem to be on a streak of hot/peppery cheeses lately. It started with the Jalapeno Monterey Jack, then the Chipotle Toscano. Then I saw somebody post on Twitter about a new "ghost pepper cheddar cheese," which of course I wanted to try. I didn't see it at my TJ's, but while looking for it, I noticed this, and decided to add it to my peppery cheese experience.

It's delicious. The flavor is primarily cayenne pepper, and it's mostly concentrated near the rind. This means that a slice on a cracker gives you one mild end and one hot end--kind of unusual, but I didn't mind the contrast.

You can read the manufacturer's description of this cheese, and get recipes for using it, here.


Will I buy it again? 

Probably not. Though it's good, I think I still liked the Jalapeno Monterey Jack better. But this is definitely tasty, and worth a try; I think you'll find that it's different from every other cheese you've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment