Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Trader Joe's Chipotle Toscano Cheese




My local Trader Joe's is pushing this hard. Not only is it the feature cheese of the month, but it was being sampled two days in a row.

It was an easy choice to buy, as TJ's Toscano cheese with black pepper is on my Top Ten list. (I also liked the Toscano cheese soaked in wine, but didn't like the cinnamon version.)

I would rank this one below the black pepper, but above the wine-soaked. The chipotle pepper powder definitely pervades the whole block, though of course it's most intense near the rind. It adds a mild heat and a little sense of sweetness.

The cheese itself is, as with the other versions, lovely--rich, buttery, and flavorful but mild.


Will I buy it again? 

Probably not. I would choose the black pepper version over this. And if I want some heat with my cheese, I think I would choose the Jalapeno Monterey Jack Cheese over this, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment