Thursday, February 8, 2018

Trader Joe's Chocolate Olive Oil Cake



This is a pretty ordinary store-bought chocolate cake--maybe somewhat moister than most, but overall nothing extraordinary. With the first bite or two, I thought I tasted olive oil in it, but that sensation dissipated quickly, and I can't be sure that even that passing perception wasn't just expectation playing tricks on my mind.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I don't really bake, but I can make a chocolate cake from a super-easy mix that is as good or better than this, and cheaper.

1 comment:

  1. Totally meh. I felt like it was neither here nor there, not especially rich and chocolatey and the one i got wasn’t that moist and tender either. Imrpoved marginally by toasting in a dry skillet and sprinkling with cinnamon but I didn’t finish the loaf, for those calories i would rather have something extra delicious for dessert not just ho-hum.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete