Monday, February 26, 2018

Trader Joe's 100% Mango Juice From Carabao Mangoes


I first heard of Carabao mangoes when Trader Joe's came out with Supersweet Dried Carabao Mango. I declared them the best way to eat mangoes ever devised. So when I saw this canned juice from the same variety, I was ready to love it. After all, as I've noted many times before, when Trader Joe's does a single-ingredient juice, as this is, there's a good chance it will be perfectly executed.

Sadly, this isn't. Even more sadly, the problem is obvious, as is a simple solution that could and should have been implemented before putting this on the shelves. It's the can. There's a definitely metallic off-note to this juice. All of TJ's other superb pure juices are in glass bottles. Do the same for this stuff, and I think it would join that pantheon. I don't understand how the TJ's team could have missed this during product development/acquisition.


Will I buy it again? 

No--at least not until they wise up and use bottles instead of cans.

1 comment:

  1. I love this mango--so refreshing in the summer over ice. No metallic taste. Will is be back?

    ReplyDelete