Friday, February 16, 2018

Trader Joe's Colorful Carrot Coins


Just as the package promises, this product consists of multicolored carrot slices, lightly seasoned. They remind me a lot of the Roasted Rainbow Potatoes, in terms of their function--a pretty, inoffensively flavored, and easy to prepare side dish. They're even easier, though, as a few minutes of microwaving does the job, unlike the potatoes' required oven warming.


Will I buy it again? 

Not regularly. But as part of an occasional fancified dinner when I have guests, sure.

2 comments:

  1. I want to like frozen carrots and just finally gave up, something about the freezing process really ruins them for me (most frozen vegetables actually). I did see the fresh petite rainbow carrots are back in stores, and there’s a new frozen organic rainbow cauliflower which I probably won’t bother with because I definitely hate all frozen cauliflower. But it looks pretty!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got these, perhaps the seasoning will be a + but yea some veggies like carrots just don't do well - frozen. The photo on the package is a real selling point for sure. Reminds me of the frozen stir fry vegetable mix I got the other day at Pavilions - ugh.

    ReplyDelete