Monday, March 23, 2015

Trader Joe's Roasted Butternut Squash, Red Quinoa, and Wheatberry Salad



I was going to type in the complete list of ingredients to show you how mad this salad is, but instead I think it will be easier just to show it to you:



Even if you ignore the sub-constituents (e.g., the spices they added to the butternut squash), that's eleven major components, plus the dressing. I got the feeling while eating it that if I looked closely enough, I'd find an itty-bitty kitchen sink.

It was all just too much for me. I couldn't even get a handle on what I was eating. This bite is mostly goat cheese and cranberries. The next is mostly wheat and spinach. The one after that is mostly arugula and almonds. So confusing.

Will I buy it again? 

No. I'm still reeling from the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment