Monday, August 8, 2016

Trader Joe's Organic Strawberries (fresh)



Fresh produce is always a dicey proposition at Trader Joe's. As a general rule, it's not their strong suit. But these turned out to be pretty good. They were not cosmetically perfect--a fair number of pale spots, cuts, and bruises--but very tasty. They suffered a bit by comparison, because Nina and I had had some gigantic, flawless, exceptionally flavorful strawberries FedEx'ed from Harry & David just a couple of days before. It's going to be hard to beat those at any reasonable price. But if I could be assured that every carton of strawberries I bought from TJ's would be as good as this one was (i.e., no discovering that the ones in the middle are moldy or mushy), I would happily make it the main place I buy them.


Will I buy it again? 

I'm willing to keep trying, until they sell me some bad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment